A Northern California Moving Company Shares the City’s Highlights
Quite a lot of otherwise attractive Northern California towns are out of reach for most potential residents. Some are out of reach because they are remote: jobs are scarce in Weed. Others are out of reach because of cost. As families, entrepreneurs, artists, and others are priced out of the Bay Area, Sacramento’s appeal is growing and making relocation highly desirable. The state’s sixth largest city finds a happy medium between low cost of living and a high level of amenities. Hot summers alternate with fairly mild winters. The foothills are near for snow sports, and mountain skiing is only two hours away.
Sacramento is a manageable size, neither sprawling nor densely populated. And as the capital and one of the state’s oldest cities, it is home not only to the seat of government, but also to some cultural institutions that enrich the experience of living here. The big, fun California State Fair takes place at Cal Expo, the city’s huge exposition center. The amazing California State Railroad Museum is here, right by Amtrak and in the heart of Old Town, where the city’s Gold Rush origins are kept alive.
Anyone contemplating relocation to or within California may be tempted by the perks of a medium-sized city available here: an array of performing arts companies and venues, including Sacramento-based ballet, opera, and theater and musical theater companies. In addition, the city will be celebrating its thirtieth consecutive year offering full-length works of Shakespeare in William Land Park. In addition, Sacramento features:
- A respectable transit system, with 69 fixed routes serving the city from 5am to 11pm. And not to forget Amtrak’s speedy Capital Corridor service from the East Bay Area right to the center of town.
- Excellent parks, from the much-loved Southside, William Land, and McKinley Parks to the charming Fairytale Town for little ones, to historic Sutter’s Fort in the middle of town,
- The delightful American River Parkway as well as many additional water parks – not to mention nine dog parks!
- Festivals, including the 40-year old class-act Jazz Festival.
- Museums of art, history, nature, industry, and science.
- Colleges, including California State University, Sacramento.
- Sporting venues and events, including the world’s oldest, if unconventional, triathlon.
In some ways, Sacramento is big for its size. One example is its hospital, UC Davis Medical Center, one of the country’s top 50 hospitals. Another big aspect of Sacramento is its diversity; it’s one of the best integrated in the state. If you are among those planning on moving to the state’s capital, you may find living expenses are lower but rentals less plentiful in the fall and winter. On moving day, avoid driving into town during rush hour, when the freeways are likely to be congested.
Our Licensed Movers in the Bay Area Can Make It Easy for You!
With Magic Moving, your headaches are kept to an absolute minimum! See our video to learn how our care and expertise can make your moving and packing experience smooth, painless, and worry-free. Call us today at 877-246-2442 to discuss your needs and how we can assist!