Moving to Berkeley?
Berkeley is a diverse community linked to San Francisco by the iconic Bay Bridge. Before you plan a residential relocation to the city, Magic Movers offer these tips:
- Prepare for perfect weather. With January lows in the upper 40s and July highs in the low 70s, Berkeley feels like a Mediterranean seaside town. You will need an umbrella only 60 or so days a year.
- Choose a neighborhood. Berkeley movers know that downtown is student-driven; whereas Berkeley Hills is upscale. South Berkeley offers the best home prices, while Rockridge brings the feel of a New England town to California.
- Focus on health. The city is bicycle friendly; it taxes sugary sodas, and it boasts several parks. Tilden Regional Park has a golf course and many recreational options with one of the best views in the city.
- Bring a bag. With a city-wide ban on plastic bags, bring a reusable one whenever you plan to shop. This includes any of the 32 bookstores and other city shopping options.
- Dine out – a lot. This city takes restaurant dining seriously with its “Gourmet Ghetto.” This strip of restaurants includes foods from around the world and classic California cuisine.
- Reconnect with your hippy roots. Visit Telegraph Avenue to purchase Bob Marley CDs, tie-dyed shirts and incense. Berkeley citizens love to protest, so if you want to take a stand, you’ll have a selection of marches to join.
Magic Moving & Storage knows Berkeley and the entire Bay Area.
We are expert residential movers, and our A+ rating with the BBB as well as our Kudzu and Angie’s List awards document our commitment to quality service and customer satisfaction. Call us today at 877-246-2442 or visit our website to obtain a free quote.
Also, read: Top 4 Bay Area Cities for Renters