Moving with children & pets
Packing and Planning When Moving with Children & Pets
Moving can be a new and exciting experience for children if you prepare them properly. With these steps, you can ease the insecure feelings some children experience when removed from familiar surroundings.
- Explain reasons for moving with a positive approach.
- Set up a Question & Answer session, depending on age.
- Let children participate – creates responsibility and eliminates fears.
- Describe new community in a positive manner; highlight exciting opportunities.
- Ease concerns by hiring a company with proven success & professional reputation – Magic Moving & Storage! Our crew members are clean-cut professionals who are friendly and accommodating to adults, kids and even your family pet.
- Suitable clothing, bedding and favorite cuddle toy
- Diaper or utility bag
- Baby food, formula, fruit juice, water and a cap opener
- Baby Toiletries, lotion, First-Aid kit
- Safety-approved infant car seat
- Favorite toys/games
- Learning material – computer
- Comfortable clothing and bedding
- Favorite snacks
- Dog/cat carrier/cage
- Leash, blanket/bed and favorite toys
- Pet meds, food, water
- Phone Number for Vets…(Search vets along your route of travel)
More Tips for Packing and Moving with Animals
Also See: Tips for Preparing Children for a Move