When Is It Time to Enlist a Moving Company and Move In With Your Boyfriend or Girlfriend?
You’re already spending every night at one apartment or the other, and you truly enjoy each other’s company. Coming home to find someone waiting for you brightens your day. But taking the next step of moving in together is still a big one! Once you’ve had all the discussions you need to have about bathroom privacy, snoring and what foods you simply will not tolerate in your fridge, it’s time to move onto the logistics. When you’re ready, here are a few tips from residential movers to make the process easier.
- Decide whether one of you will be moving into the other’s place or whether you will be renting a new one together.
- Identify duplicate items, select which one to keep, and donate or sell the rest.
- Purge your household of unused or unwanted items. Encourage your significant other to do the same.
- Communicate openly and honestly about purge/keep conflicts. Be sensitive to the fact that something you think should go might have special meaning to the other person.
- Consider where you are moving, and determine what will fit. You may like one couch better than another, but if it won’t fit in the living room, it needs to go.
- Discuss how finances will be handled after the move, including how utility and other bills will be paid. Understand how the lease will impact you if you separate or if one of you loses a job.
- Have all documents ready before signing the lease. Many landlords will want to see credit scores, pay stubs, bank statements and references. You don’t want to miss out on the perfect place because you weren’t prepared.
- Distilling and combining two households into one requires patience, planning skill and sacrifices. Reduce the stress of the process by hiring qualified moving companies to manage the logistics.
[Anxious About Moving in With Your Partner? Read About – How to Cure Anxiety About Moving]
Ready to Commit? Find an Award Winning Moving Company!
Magic Moving & Storage is an Angie’s List Super Service and Kudzu Best Of Award winning Bay Area moving company. We can address all of your moving and storage needs. Contact us today by phone at 877-246-2442 or get a quote on our website to start planning your move.