Deciding Whether to Move Yourself or Hire One of the Moving Companies in the Bay Area?
It’s that serious time, one that everyone faces and you’re now thinking, “Yes, I’ve got to get moving.” Well, moving can be exciting, stressful and challenging, all at the same time. Wherever you are moving, be it within the city or across the country, you’ll want to accomplish your move smoothly. So, consider how much you want to do yourself and whether you’ll call upon the services of local and long-distance moving companies in the Bay Area.
The Choice is Yours
You have a range of choices regarding how you’ll make your move. You can do it all yourself including renting a moving truck or using a self-service container moving company. Or, you can secure professional moving services by hiring one of the moving companies in the Bay Area.
The decision on which way to go depends on how far you are moving, how much stuff you need to move and whether you have heavy, large or awkwardly shaped items (baby grand piano, anyone?) It also depends on your budget and your ability to handle a move yourself.
Address these questions as you consider a DIY move:
Who will do the work:
- Carrying and lifting boxes, heavy furniture and appliances
- Gathering pads and protecting items that you don’t want scratched or broken
- Arranging and stacking items so they don’t fall, shift or crush other items in the moving truck
- Driving the moving truck
- Unloading and setting up furniture on the delivery end
What needs to be planned:
- Taking time off work to do all the laborious tasks
- Securing the right sized rental truck
- Driving the rental truck to fit into your move schedule
The pros of moving yourself:
- It may be cheaper than using professionals, especially if you have a small nearby move
- You have more control over the schedule
Hiring Professionals Has Many Benefits
Consider these points as you consider using local movers in the Bay Area or long-distance movers in the Bay Area:
- Professional movers are trained and experienced. They know how to protect floors and walls from damage and how to protect your furniture, appliances and fragile items.
- They are skilled at loading and driving the truck to safeguard your valuables.
- You don’t have to worry about injuring yourself or your friends. Nor do you have to inconvenience your friends.
- They are insured, so you and your valuables are protected.
- They handle unexpected loading, unloading and travel problems.
Handle Your Move with Ease by Hiring Local Movers Bay Area
Contact the moving professionals at Magic Moving, local movers in the Bay Area, that also specialize in long distance moves, for great service and a great move. Get a free quote for moving and storage services.