Professional Movers in the Bay Area Help You Make the Big Move
Is it moving day yet? Well, it is for some of the millions of Americans who move each year. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 27.3 million Americans, or 8.6% of the U.S. population, moved in 2022. About 84% of moves were in-state moves with 16% out-of-state moves. In 2022, as reported by the Orange County Register, 407,000 Californians moved to other states. For major moves, and especially interstate moves, it is wise to hire Bay Area professional movers.
What Is Unique About Moving Out of State
First, moving long-distance will be more expensive than moving a short distance away, so good financial planning and budgeting is essential. Second, a long-distance move will take more time and therefore require more planning, preparation, and schedule management. Third, interstate moves are federally regulated so it is important to make sure that the Bay Area residential movers that you choose has a USDOT number and are registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA.) They must also have appropriate insurance to cover your move. Fourth, more family preparation may be necessary to move to a new climate and new conditions.
Prepare to Move Long-Distance with Professional Movers in the Bay Area
Use these tips to help you prepare for a successful out-of-state move.
- Clearly determine your moving timeframe.
- Choose one of the best Bay Area professional moving companies to help make your move smooth and successful. You’ll want to choose one that offers you the best deal regarding their services, conditions, and price.
- Establish a moving budget.
- Take the time to evaluate and inventory your home. You can save money, time, and effort by not moving things you no longer want or need, and then donating or discarding the items you won’t need to transport.
- Start to organize your home. You can create a packing checklist to help you. It is wise to envision where things will go in your new residence so you can mark boxes and containers appropriately to make your unpacking process easier.
- Prepare your children and pets for the move.
- Confirm all the details with the Bay Area residential movers of your choice.
- Plan your own trip.
Don’t forget to update your insurance, car title(s), credit cards, voter registration, and mail delivery.
Why Use Professional Bay Area Movers
There are many benefits of using professional Bay Area residential movers. First, they provide peace of mind because they have the expertise and experience you need. Second, they’ll provide moving insurance. Third, they’ll provide expert packing to protect your valuables. Fourth, they’ll do the heavy lifting and protect you from injury.
Choose a Professional Mover in the Bay Area
Choose Magic Moving & Storage, one of the best Bay Area professional movers. We’re the expert Bay Area local and long-distance moving company with over 100,000 relocations since 1990. We’ll provide personal and attentive service to make your move great. We offer full-service moving and storage plus containers and trucks.